Pacific Landscapes’ owners Darryl Orr and Dave Penry have spent their entire careers in the landscape industry they love so much. When they started Pacific Landscapes they chose the following words as the hallmarks of their business: Pride in our passion for landscaping and quality service, integrity above profits, 100% accountability, respect in the community, flexibility, and fun.
Today they function as business people first, who have a passion for landscaping. It shows.
Dave Penry, Owner
Dave Penry has 38 years experience in the landscape industry. Dave is a past president of both the state and regional chapter of California Landscape Contractors Association, and was named Member of the Year in 1998. In 2006 he received the Allegiance Award, the top award given by the CLCA State Organization, for dedication to the professionalism of the industry for more than 20 years. Dave is also active with the Sonoma County Water Agency Landscape Water Advisory Group, and helped found the Water Management Technology Program at Marin Community College. He has been an active voice in immigration reform on the national level, working to help government find ways to insure a legal workforce.
Darryl Orr, Owner
Darryl Orr has been in the landscape industry 38 years. He has obtained certifications as a Certified Landscape Technician, Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor, Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper, Certified Arborist and Bay Friendly Landscaper. He has completed training by Soil Foodweb, Inc. for the Soil Food Web, Composting, Compost Tea and Soil Microscopy. Darryl is spearheading the company's change to provide Organic Landscape Management Services.
Licenses Held by Pacific Landscapes
- California Contractors License 786176 including C27-Landscaping and A-General Engineering
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation Qualified Applicators License for Pest Control
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation Pest Control Business License
Certifications held by Pacific Landscapes owners & staff
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (Irrigation Association)
- Certified Arborist (International Society of Arboriculture)
- Certified Landscape Technician (Professional Landcare Network)
- Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper (Sonoma County Water Agency)
- Water Efficient Landscaper (Marin Municipal Water District)
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Designer (Irrigation Association)
- Bay-Friendly Qualified Landscape Professionals (Bay-Friendly Coalition)
"What Pacific Landscapes does, that no one else does, is pay attention to the landscape and treat each plant as it should be treated. Trees are pruned according to their species so that they look like real trees not topiaries…. those two guys are the best…”
Jim Kane, JDSU